The AIM@SHAPE Glossary
Alphabetical list of terms
- edge collapse
- It consists of contracting an edge e in a simplicial mesh to a vertex v, which can either be a new vertex (full-edge collapse) or one of its extreme vertices (half-edge collapse). In a triangle mesh, the simplices incident at e become simplices of one dimension lower. All simplices incident in one of the two extreme vertices of e become incident at v.
- The free extremity of an end segment in a control skeleton.
- equi-brightness curve
- The equi-brightness curve of a surface is the locus of points where the brightness of an illuminated surface is constant.
- equi-gradient curve
- The equi-gradient curve of a surface is formed by the points where the angle between the surface normal and a given vector is constant.
- euclidean cell complex
- Let G be a connected finite set of cells of heterogeneous dimensions embedded in the Euclidean space Rn and d the ith maximum of the dimensions of the cells of G, such that the boundary of each cell in G is a collection of cells of lower dimensions belonging to G. Then, G is a d-dimensional cell complex if and only if the interiors of any pair of d-dimensional cells of G are disjoint.
- extraordinary vertex
- A non-regular vertex.