The AIM@SHAPE Glossary
Alphabetical list of terms
- Adding a hidden pattern in an image, surface, or sound, that can be checked algorithmically, but is not perceived by the human observer.
- The watershed of a C2-differentiable function f defined over a domain D is the set of points of D which do not belong to any catchment basin.
- water tightness
- In general there are small gaps between the surface elements describing the shells (inner and outer) in a CAD-model. In a simulation model such small gaps are not allowed, the elements constituting the simulation model has to have an exact match, or in other words be water tight.
- Multiresolution representation based on wavelets have been developed for parametric curves and surfaces, meshes and surfaces of arbitrary topology and even for volume data.Wavelets provide a framework to decompose a complex function into a ?coarser? low resolution part, together with a collection of detail coefficients and different resolution levels, all necessary in order to recover the original function
- winged-edge data structure
- It explicitly encodes all entities forming a mesh. For each edge e, the data structure maintains the indices of the two extreme vertices of e of the two faces bounded by e, and of the four edges that are both adjacent to e and are on the boundary of the two faces bounded by e. Vertices and faces are also encoded: for each vertex v, a pointer to any edge incident in v, and for each face f, a pointer to an edge bounding f is maintained.